Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Beyond Othello

A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first Brandon Mull book experience. His other series (Fablehaven) has been on my "to read" list for a while, but somehow I ended up reading this book first. I started listening to the book on audio cd until I had to return it to the library (luckily they had the book in stock). Brandon does a good job in creating interesting characters and has a pretty good story as well. I really liked the book, and I see myself reading more from Brandon Mull and that is How Lou Sees It. View all my reviews

Day 14 - Othello

"This is the night that either makes me or fordoes me quite." I played as black, "smooth as monumental alabaster" and The Wife played white, "perfect chrysolite." Luckily she is "a daily beauty in [my] life." She definitely had me the entire game. "To be once in doubt, is once to be resolv'd." I had a strategy to get my pieces to the outer border of the game board, but The Wife set me up where I just wasn't able to do so. She is really good at this game. For those who are unfamiliar with Othello, the game is simple enough. Each playing piece has two sides, one white and one black. You take turns placing pieces onto the board and flipping over your opponent's pieces to be your color. You do this by enclosing your opponent on both ends (vertically, horizontally, or diagonally). Othello is a great strategic game, but I just happen to enjoy others more so. The Wife mentioned that my review of the game might be low because I hardly ever win (there could be truth to that) and that is How Lou Sees It.

No comments:

Post a Comment